Sunday, September 4, 2016

Make This Happen: Crispy Gluten Free Tacos


I love tacos. I love tacos so very much. While it is possible to find gluten free crispy shells, they aren't readily available in our area, so with a bit of researching online, I learned a technique for making my own crispy stuffed tacos using soft corn tortillas, which are gluten free and always at my market!


This is the brand that I have been using, and they are perfect. I use them for soft tacos, too, and they are really tasty. To make a crispy taco, start by heating up around 1/4" of vegetable oil in a heavy pan (mine is cast iron). Once it's nice and hot, I put two corn tortillas into the oil, and then lay my filling on top of them (on this night I think I used some leftover shredded chicken and cheese, but I have also used black beans and corn and pulled pork...you can use pretty much anything you like!). After one minute, fold one side of the taco over on top of the other with a spatula. Let the taco fry for about 3 minutes, then flip it over to crisp up the other side (around another 2 minutes). 


Transfer the crispy tacos to a paper towel-covered plate to drain off the excess oil. We dip our tacos in salsa and sour cream. They are the best! 

0 comments:

Post a Comment