Monday, February 2, 2015

{weekending} :: January 30 - February 2, 2015










Our weekend started early this week with a day off from school on Friday, for a superintendent's day. We baked bread, worked on projects (my shawl is coming along quite nicely), and had a nice time hanging out together in the relative warmth of the house. The husband brought home some sandwiches for dinner, which was a nice treat.

Saturday was for errands. We went to the big weekend farmers market, and to our favorite place for groceries, Healthy Living. We had a lot of fun together, and we were also able to get some new pants for the kids, who seem to have suddenly each grown several inches in the last week! 

Super Bowl Sunday was all about cooking for me. I made some baked apple cinnamon oatmeal for breakfast, and then got to work on some root beer pulled pork in the crock pot. It turned out really well - it shredded itself once it was done, and I added in some homemade barbecue sauce. I was glad that I talked with the butcher a bit - he gave me the great idea to use the root beer! I also made some Buffalo chicken dip and mini soft pretzels. We had fun watching the game - it was so exciting, for once. The commercials this year seemed incredibly depressing, but we enjoyed a couple of them. The kids really loved Katy Perry's halftime show - the boy kept remarking on how happy the people in the beach ball costumes must have been!

This weekend quickly turned from a 3-day affair to a 4-day one, when we woke up this morning to a bunch of snow! SNOW DAY! It's true - I took these pictures of our yard just a few minutes ago. I would say we have accumulated well over a foot since the late evening. It's still coming down, too! On that note, I had better get out and shovel the walk again. At least it's very light!

0 comments:

Post a Comment