Monday, January 26, 2015

{weekending} :: January 24 and 25, 2015








This weekend seemed to be over in an instant! On Saturday, we spent most of the day preparing for projects. I was winding yarn to cast on for a new shawl project, and the husband was collecting materials for a bit of construction in our bedroom. The girl had a birthday party in the middle of the day, and she enjoyed getting to spend some time with some of her friends from school. The husband surprised me with a late lunch from the restaurant down the street - a very nice beet and red cabbage salad with apples, walnuts and blue cheese, and a Brie Reuben! Delicious. 

Sunday was all about making. I cast on my shawl and made some pretty good progress. At first I was intimidated by the lacework and the multiple colors, but I think that I have the hang of it! I'm excited to see how it turns out. The boy was a big help with the bedroom project - check out the new lighting! I am loving it. It's a nice little feature in our small room, and I think that it makes it so cozy. 

It was nice to have a mostly relaxing weekend, especially one where we could all focus on our own personal work. The girl really enjoys playing Minecraft lately, and has a lot of fun building worlds and then telling us all about them. It's nice to spend our down time in a way that is productive, but not draining. Today was back to the regular schedule, but I hear that there may be a bit of snow on the way, so who knows if we will have the time for a little more making tomorrow! 

2 comments:

  1. Love the bedroom construction! Looks so cozy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The lighting and construction in the bedroom looks great! Glad to see a new blog post from you!

    ReplyDelete