Monday, March 10, 2014

Thinking Spring







Though the temperatures are at a point where they're not *quite* warm, and there will still be the random day with a high in the teens, I can tell that springtime is not far off. The sunlight is changing, and now with daylight savings in effect, I'm looking forward to enjoying more of it. I have felt the itch to MAKE THINGS, which is proof enough for me that a new season is coming. 

I have some beautiful yarn from Quince & Co, which I hope to start winding up today. I have plans for some new knits for the kids for their Easter baskets, and I'm pretty excited. I haven't had a big knitting project in too long, and now to have two? Yes. The boy has been requesting a "silver sweater with yellow buttons", and some lark in frost seems like it will fit the bill. For the girl, a "very very pink" springtime shawl (chickadee in rosa rugosa). 

I sewed myself an extra-big project bag for the occasion - I have been hoarding this Japanese sheep print for years, always knowing I wanted to make something knitting related with it. The interior is some happy melon Kona cotton that was a leftover from a beach bag I made several years ago. I'm loving the contrast of the end-of-winter browns with the hope of brightness hidden inside.

I have the latest issue of Kinfolk to dive into. I have never read this magazine before, but it really is lovely - so well made and designed. I wanted this issue in particular because the theme is Home, which is something that I have been striving to focus on lately. Living more simply and with less...just LESS. 

I also sewed up a little something for the girl, which I will share later in the week as I now have another to make for a certain boy who has decided that he would like one, too. She chose her own colors for this creation, maybe inspired by an envelope of wildflower seeds that has been sitting on my desk, just waiting for the ground to thaw? 

Have you been feeling the change in seasons where you are? 


0 comments:

Post a Comment