Monday, April 30, 2012

4 Weeks to a More Organized Home: Week Four

Last week was the final week of the 4 Weeks to a More Organized Home series, hosted by Crystal at Money Saving Mom. I had been doing really well with all of the challenges, but this last week? Things kind of tanked.

Our schedule changed drastically on Tuesday afternoon when we decided to go out of town for the evening. We ended up staying at my parents' house all day on Wednesday, and by the time we got home it was around 9:00 p.m. I spent the rest of the week trying to catch up on other things that needed to get done, but I tried to work on the challenges that I missed over the weekend.

Monday

A 15-minutes quick pick-up of the main living area was easy enough, followed by a dusting/vacuuming of the floor vents. Wheee!

Tuesday

I was supposed to clean the bathroom, but this didn't happen until Friday, after the kids had an impromptu afternoon bath. Cleaning out the kitchen cupboards and the pantry? Yeah. That will happen this week some time.

Wednesday

Vacuuming is still one of my favorite things to do, but we were out of town so I did it on Thursday morning. I swept out our closets then, too, but there is still a disaster looming in our front closet that needs to be dealt with.

Thursday

Um...I still need to clean my windowsills and wash my curtains. So. This week is looking busy.

Friday

I'm giving myself a pass on cleaning out the medicine cabinet (and our bathroom shelves), because I just did this a few weeks ago.

Overall, I've got a bit of catch-up to do this week, but it's ok. I had a lot of laundry that got done, and I did a lot of cooking this week, so I felt like I was cleaning the kitchen every few hours.

This challenge was great for me. I really feel like I'm not thinking about cleaning as much, and yet, my house is consistently clean. I'm going to try keeping this chore schedule in some kind of rotation (obviously a lot of these things don't need to be done monthly, but I can adjust that) to help keep up the progress. I'm so glad that I tried it out! Have any of you given the challenge a try?

0 comments:

Post a Comment