Friday, April 13, 2012

4 Weeks to a More Organized Home: Week Two

Whew! Another week has gone by, and let me tell you - I have really noticed a difference around the house!

Monday

Today's assignment was a quick-clean of the main living area of the house, and I also swept and vacuumed. The main task of the day was to (gulp) clean out your car! It was a pretty gloomy day, and we don't have a garage, so I decided to skip the car and tackle it on Tuesday, when hopefully the weather would be more cooperative. Besides, we were still recovering from Easter festivities, so it was better for us to stay low-key. I also had to get rid of 7 things from the house, so I weeded out a few random small plastic toys.

Tuesday

A 15-minute quick vacuum was first on the list, but since I had already vacuumed the main living area the previous day, I decided to vacuum the master bedroom and sweep the hallway. Washing the baseboards throughout the house was the "big" task, and let me tell you, it's a big task! The kids were more than happy to help me, and they earned a couple of quarters. They even washed the chalkboard walls in the hallway!


I was able to fold and put away three loads of laundry, and wash and fold an additional two loads during the day. I also baked two loaves of English muffin bread for the week.

When the husband got home from work, I went out and did a quick-clean of my car. It wasn't as bad as I had envisioned! One bag of trash and some light dustbusting later, and I was feeling good!

Wednesday

Today's assignments were to do a 15-minute clean out of my dresser drawers, and to wash all of the doorknobs in the house. I didn't do any chores today because the kids and I spent the day at my sister's house! That would mean doubling up my Thursday duties!

Thursday

A quick-clean of the bathroom, followed by washing down all of the switchplates? No problem. Add onto that the tasks I had from Wednesday, and it was a super-productive day! I was behind on my purging of 7 items per day, but since I was cleaning out my dresser today I was able to find several things that were ready to move on. I also threw away a pair of sandals, and chucked an old cup measure that I had been keeping in my flour jar - it actually measured just over a cup, and I have been meaning to get rid of it for some time.

Friday

Today I was feeling really motivated. I got out of bed much earlier than usual and got to work! I cleaned up the kitchen, made breakfast, and got ready for the day.

Today's assignment was to dust all of the ceiling fans and light fixtures, and change out any dead lightbulbs. My 15 minutes of relaxation...does a trip to the doctor by myself count? It was actually nice to be out on my own for a bit while the kids hung out with my mom. I dropped some packages at the post office and stopped at the library to pick up a book I had requested, too. I made pizza for dinner, and now the kids are watching Tangled. I've got to make the girl's birthday cake - I can hardly believe that she is turning five tomorrow!!!

I hope that everyone had a productive week! It's not too late to join in on the 4 Weeks to a More Organized Home challenge! Just start your 4 weeks on Monday - all of the posts can be found here at Money Saving Mom. Happy weekend!

0 comments:

Post a Comment