Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Thrifty: Feeling Festive


Last week, the kids and I took a quick stop into our favorite junk shop. It had just started to snow as we got there (I KNOW. WELCOME TO UPSTATE NEW YORK.), and for some reason it made me feel all excited about Christmas.

I picked up a couple more vintage pictures frames to go with the double frame that I got a while ago. I'd like to have a nice collection of them to have together on a shelf. Also, this Bake Lite dish with herbs on it. Great for kitchen storage or a base for starting an indoor herb garden.


YOU GUYS. A crocheted tree skirt. CAN YOU EVEN HANDLE IT. It was lying on top of a pile of stuff in the Christmas room. I had to have it. And  of course, we can't leave the Christmas room without the girl begging to pick out something or other.


She insisted on this hand-painted teddy bear ornament. Ok. It was 10 cents. I'm not going to argue.

Have you been thrifting lately? Get anything good?

1 comment:

  1. Love the dish!! I haven't been thrifting in a long time, but I want to. Maybe we can when you come to visit in December!!! (because you should totally still come visit in December)

    ReplyDelete