Thursday, October 13, 2011

Around Here

fig 1.

fig 2.

fig 3.

fig 4.

fig 5.

fig 1. My stack of books from the library. Yes, I am reading the second Tori Spelling book. Because I read the first one. And I will probably read the third one. It's delightfully mindless reading. I just started The Accidental, which has been number one on my Goodreads "to-read" shelf since I opened my account in April of last year. I'm trying to read things in the order that I added them. I don't know why. And I am loving Heaven on Earth - added to my Amazon wishlist. So very good, but demands to be added to my permanent collection so that I can write in the margins.

fig 2. Lots of temperature-taking in this house this week. The boy seems to have taken on whatever illness it was that the girl just got over. No fun. And now the girl is stuffy and coughing. Why do people send their kids to preschool? It's like a germ cesspool.

fig 3. Both kids passed out on the couch yesterday afternoon, and I didn't really know what to do with myself, what will all of the silence. So I worked on some Christmas knitting and flipped through my books. BLISS.

fig 4. Also, there were pistachios.

fig 5. I'm having a hard time coming to terms with the fact that the boy is not so much a baby any more. I don't want him to ever grow out of these handyman pajamas OKAY.  His toes. HIS TOES.

The husband and I are going on a date tonight to see Andrew Bird. I'm excited and also a little sad, because this is the last big date we've got for this year. I'm hoping it doesn't rain!

0 comments:

Post a Comment