Monday, September 5, 2011

Anatomy of a Saturday Date


1. Last Vestige, to spend some quality time flipping through albums, trying to remember what we already have, marveling at the $1 Soundtracks bin, and of course buying things for the kids. We got a pretty nice little haul - I can't believe we didn't already own Graceland. I hadn't been down to Last Vestige in probably 10 years - isn't that insane? We used to go to the one in Saratoga before it changed hands and became something terrible. So this was pretty darn awesome.


2. Bros Tacos, to eat some tacos. Because I love tacos. A lot.


LOOK AT THESE TACOS. I MEAN. THEY WERE AMAZING TACOS OKAY. Just 2 soft corn tortillas, ground beef, chopped raw onions and a tiny bit of sauce (and cilantro, which I had to pick off because I am one of those people for whom cilantro tastes like soap. It's a real thing okay.). Some beans and some rice and some salsa roja. YESSSSS.


LOOK AT THE HUSBAND'S TACO SALAD. So delicious and perfectly spicy. And now the husband is obsessed with cotija cheese. We love you, Bros, despite your underwhelming marks on Yelp. People are so dumb.


3. The Home Depot. We've got a nice little Saturday carved out for ourselves. Bed, Bath & Beyond? I DON'T KNOW IF WE'LL HAVE THE TIME. But seriously, we needed concrete sealant. And I got to look at paint samples.


Family room? Kitchen? I don't know what I'm doing.


4. The mall, and also, THE MOVIES. We don't get to the movies that often, so this was a really nice treat. Our choices were limited by start times, so we chose 30 Minutes or Less (more on that later). POPCORN FOR DINNER = SUCCESS.

(I should note that our original plan was to take in a movie at The Spectrum, to keep the whole date in Albany, you know? But the reason we were going to the movies was because we had some tickets through Fandango that were about to expire, and the Spectrum doesn't do online ticketing. *insert trombone*)

We picked up the kids from my parents' house and headed home.


I played DJ, and one of my favorite things to do is put the ipod on shuffle and then skip around to all of the most embarrassing songs so that the husband can defend himself. I tried to get a good photo of the penultimate Deep Blue Something song Breakfast at Tiffany's, but it's hard to adjust settings in the dark. Next time.

Thanks for the great day, my loving husband. We'll have to do it again soon. I need more vinyl and tacos.

3 comments:

  1. If you mellow out the lagoon sample a bit (less intensity) it is similar to the color I just painted my bathroom. At Lowe's the shade is called serenity...although I was far from serene in doing the painting...

    ReplyDelete
  2. @Kristin

    Ooh...thanks for the tip! I'm definitely thinking about a pop of color for the kitchen, or else going with something neutral and painting the cabinets a different color. DECISIONS.

    P.S. GET BACK TO YOUR PAINTING, WOMAN!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a fun sounding date! We just did our bathroom in Impressionist Sky (which I think is one more paint chip to the left of the ones in your pic) and it ended up looking more lavender than we expected until we got some brushed-nickel towel bars and picture frames up.

    Also, YES. Cilantro is gross and tastes of Ivory soap. Always has, always will.

    ReplyDelete