Monday, August 8, 2011

We Be Jammin'

I don't know why I've never tried making freezer jam. It is pretty much the easiest thing in the world. And it was too hot to do some full process canning, so I was happy to have a way to make something with the 4 packages of strawberries that I probably should have made jam with 4 days ago. ANYWAY.


I hulled and cut up the berries, and then the kids took turns mashing them with a potato masher, which doesn't really work but it gives them something to do while I try to clean strawberry juice stains off of our white counters (WHY). After the boy had had his fill, I dumped them all into the V-Mix and gave them a quick blitz. Amazingly smooth. Yes.

Then you just mix them into a bowl of sugar and the special freezer jam pectin (I use Ball brand), ladle it all into freezer-safe canning jars, and then let them sit for about 30 minutes. DONE. Could not be easier.


You can keep this in the freezer for up to a year! JAAAAAAAAAAM!

0 comments:

Post a Comment