Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Thrifty: Vintage Fisher Price, Awesome Mugs, More Books

I had to do a couple of quick errands this morning, and the kids were so good that I let them stop into our local consignment shop on the way home.

Well. Ok. Maybe I wanted to go there, too.

MY POINT IS.

Good stuff today.


Just. Yes. I grabbed this immediately. Vintage Fisher Price school bus (1965!), with two original people (with wooden bottoms - so old!), plus two random newer people. $2


The bus is all, "Thank you for saving me, kind children."


Ziploc baggie of random Matchbox cars and a big Fisher Price dude. 75 cents. The boy rarely gets stuff when we're at the junk shops because, well, he's quiet and he doesn't tend to cling to things. These were on a high shelf and when I took them down to inspect, he grabbed the bag and ran away. So.


Set of 2 Days of Our Lives mugs, from 1983. My mom used to watch this show and I remember it being on in the family room a lot when I was growing up. I saw these there the last time I was in the shop, which was probably 2 weeks ago, and I left them behind. But they were waiting for me. *single tear* 50 cents each.


A couple more books. Because I am a sucker for children's books. 50 cents each.

Total with tax: $5.08.

It's so quiet in my house right now that it was worth every penny.

3 comments:

  1. You find the coolest stuff! I need to get to a shop like this sometime. Seems like it would be so much fun to look around!

    ReplyDelete
  2. @Sarah

    Sair! You should come up and visit in May for the big flea market!!! You would love it - so much fun. Maybe Manda and Steph can come up too and we can have a thrifty girly weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would love that. We should totally do it!

    ReplyDelete