Thursday, August 11, 2011

Thrifty: Linens, Teeshirts, and A Creepy Santa Head

It's been a hot minute since I've been to my favorite thrift store, and since my mom came up to visit today I decided to stop in. 

It was a good day. Behold.

Divided ceramic snack dish that says, "Nibble With The Hawks." It's got a couple of chips, but please. This thing is big and heavy and amazing and it was 50 cents.

Metal file box, always useful for my desk, and a nice vintage double picture frame.

It's hard for me to ever leave without finding something in The Christmas Room (yes, a room full of Christmas crap), and this creepy Santa head just spoke to me. 25 cents? TWIST MY ARM.

Linens!!!! A twin fitted sheet for the girl (I'm trying to find a nice collection of vintage sheets for the kids. They already have my hand-me-down Strawberry Shortcake and Pink Panther sets from the 80s.), a twin flat sheet that I may use for pillowcases, a sweet pink pillow case for a small pillow, a brand new vintage dish rag and that cool crocheted flower hot pad for the kitchen. 

Stewart's Little League teeshirt, and a vintage Carter's sweater for the boy. 

I don't know why I liked this teeshirt, but there you have it. It was 25 cents.

All of that? $6.50. I'm not even kidding. There is also one item not pictured that I could not pass up which I will be sending to a friend. More on that later.

I had to hit the used book store, and I picked up a few books for the kids. $2 for the bunch - that Trick or Treat story has the best illustrations.


It's a gorgeous day, so the kids and I are going to go and blow some bubbles in the yard. We're planning to have a picnic for dinner tonight on the deck! Squeeeeeee!

1 comment:

  1. oh. my. god. There's no such thing as a dragon was my favourite read along tape disney book when you hear the chine ring turn the page!!!! I still have it. And i still remember the song.

    ReplyDelete