Thursday, August 25, 2011

Snickerdoodles y Scrubbing Bubbles

For whatever reason, I have been totally craving snickerdoodles for the last week or so. It's the change in the air, I think. I needed a little bit of baking in my life.

So last night I made a nice big batch of them. I used the standard Betty Crocker recipe - you can never go wrong with those.


I got about 5 dozen cookies out of the batch, so I was totally awesome and wrapped up a bunch for the husband to take to work this morning. Early reports are that they are well received.


Definitely amazing with coffee. I can confirm that for reals.

Also on my list of stuff to do yesterday was clean the bathtub. This is something that is generally in the husband's wheelhouse (yes, I know. I'm lucky. I hear you, husband.) but I read a little article online about making your own scrubbing bubbles, and I'm one of those people that freaks out over the chemical fumes from most cleaning supplies, so I wanted to give it a try.


It's really easy. You take a shaker and put some baking soda in it. (You don't even really need a shaker - you could just sprinkle with a spoon or directly from the box, but it does help to control the amount that you use.) Then you take an empty spray bottle and fill it with a mix of half water and half vinegar. Sprinkle your baking soda around the tub, and then spray with the mix - it will bubble up and make bubbly noises and smell like vinegar! Then you just scrub with a sponge and rinse with water, and you're done! I liked it. My tub is squeaky clean, and it was fun to shoot the baking soda and make it bubble. And you know, it kind of smelled like salad dressing in there for a minute, but it was far preferable to the nasal burn of chemicals.

We're supposed to get some pretty bad thunderstorms today (squeee!) so we're going to lay low at home. I'm not sure what the day will hold yet, but I'm planning on making waffles for dinner, so there's that. I hope that everyone stays dry!

1 comment:

  1. DUDE. You read my mind! I have been thinking of making Snickerdoodles this weekend. Because I just got back from a long trip. Why wouldn't I cook and bake up a storm in my two free days before returning to work??

    Also, have to try DIY cleaners. I stocked up on method tub stuff a while back and I have to use that up first. And yes- you are lucky to have Adrian clean the tub. I'm convinced Gordon does not know the bathroom even has to be cleaned ever.

    ReplyDelete