Monday, August 22, 2011

Framed


The girl drew this in April (I know this because I smartly recorded this fact on the back of the drawing), and it has been sitting on my desk since then, waiting for a frame. It's really hard for me to edit out what artwork we don't need to hang onto, because believe me, she cranks out at least three new pieces daily. But this one was special, because it's a drawing of herself and her brother. I mean. *tears*

Yesterday was full of on-and-off rain, so we spent most of the day cleaning and rearranging and purging, which are the best kind of days. As I tackled my desk, I unrolled this drawing for the hundredth time and added "frame drawing" to my increasingly long task list. But when I went into the basement for something or other, I remembered this frame, which we had gotten as a wedding gift. And the drawing fit perfectly. HAPPINESS.

Now I just need to find the perfect place to hang it.

0 comments:

Post a Comment