Friday, August 12, 2011

Actual Conversations: The Husband, 08/12/11, 7:40 p.m.

(The husband and I were talking about Dirty Dancing, which he has never seen, and I was explaining to him the character Penny, and how she has a botched abortion.)

Him: Man, how many 80s movies had abortions in them? Like, 90 percent?

Me: What do you mean? I don't think it was a thing in 80s movies...

Him: What was that one...For Keeps? But...you know. Obviously not in that one.

Me: I knew you were going to say something about For Keeps. Like, reference the one movie where they keep the baby.

Him: You should do a recasting of some more 80s movies. Back to the Future? The Breakfast Club? Flatliners?

Me: I've never seen Flatliners.


Him: Wait. But...you are not even being serious right now though.

Me: No. I've never seen that one.

Him: That movie is the cornerstone of the Kevin Bacon game. I mean. Julia Roberts. That guy from 24...Kiefer Sutherland. Everyone is in that movie.

Me: Sounds great.

Him: (short pause) Tupac would have been 40 this year.


1 comment:

  1. He's totally right. It is THE cornerstone to the entire six degrees of Kevin Bacon game. Julia, Billy Baldwin, Oliver Platt, Kiefer ... Hope Davis, for God's sake!! Also, that is the craziest thing i have ever heard you need to go watch right now what is wrong with you?!?

    I have it on VHS. You can borrow it.

    ReplyDelete