Friday, August 5, 2011

Actual Conversations: The Girl, 08/05/11, 7:45 a.m.

Her: Mom? Can you have a octopus as a pet?

Me: Um...well, I don't think so.

He: No, I don't mean like a octopus that lives in the sea or in the aquarium. I mean one that lives at the store that sells puppies and aquarium fish.

Me: I don't think they sell octopuses at the pet store. They mostly live in the sea or at the aquarium.

Her: NO! I'm not talking about that kind of octopus. I mean the purple ones in the back of the store that sells puppies.

Me: I've never seen an octopus at the pet store.

Her: YES. IN THE BACK OF THE STORE. IN THE AQUARIUMS. WHERE THEY SELL PUPPIES.

Me: Yes. You can have an octopus.

Sometimes it is just easier to nod your head and back away slowly. Most importantly, do not think too hard about whatever in the hell kind of octopus she thinks she is talking about.

0 comments:

Post a Comment