Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Weekly Affirmation: Ryan Adams is my Hero, and George Watsky is The Man

I had a hard time choosing just one awesome thing this week, because there are so many amazing things that happen on interweb. It is nearly overwhelming, you know?

So firstly, if you follow Ryan Adams on Facebook, than you are surely aware that he has decided to cover the entirety of Vampire Weekend's first album, solo acoustic.

If you didn't know this, just let it sink in for a moment or two.

What's that? You don't like Vampire Weekend?

I'm so sorry about your aversion to happiness.

What's that? You don't like Ryan Adams?

GET BACK, SOULLESS BEAST.

So anyway, he uploaded a webcam video on his FB page this morning of the first cover, Mansard Roof. I found a link to another article that has the video, because I couldn't figure out how to embed from FB.

So here it is - enjoyable.

Secondly, it's important that you know that I am really into George Watsky.

I like him.

He's a great rapper. And he looks like a dark-haired Michael Cera.

Which he happens to note in this squee-worthy find, A Love Story featuring The GetBand.

Just. Please. Watch. Okay.

0 comments:

Post a Comment