Tuesday, June 28, 2011

A Brief Word on My Failures as a Blogger

You know, I have never been very good at keeping journals, or diaries, or, now that we're living in the future, blogs. When I was in elementary school, I used to write for days and days in my little diary, and then eventually I would forget or get bored with it, and I would rip out all of the pages and throw them away.

I still have those habits. I try to write as frequently as I can, but inevitably the urge to discard, delete or otherwise trash will hit me. I'm trying to be better about it, because really, I do enjoy writing quite a bit. I'm trying not to pressure myself to do it daily, hoping that a more relaxed attitude about it will keep me going this time.


So for now, I will preemptively apologize, in case you get into the habit of reading my ramblings, and then suddenly it seems I have dropped off of the face of the earth. Hopefully it's just that I have returned to being a lazy, unmotivated shit, and not that I plummeted to my death whilst driving over a bridge, which, incidentally, is one of my biggest fears. That, and having to cold call prospective employers are the stuff of my nightmares.

2 comments:

  1. Ugh, I know this feeling well -- I tried to revive my blog in March, determined to write every day, and JUST LAST WEEK I finally got around to another post. WTF? You can do it! I'm rooting for you :) ~Jillian P

    ReplyDelete